Has your man lost his drive? Does he seem to have less energy and less interest in sex? Is he falling asleep after dinner? He may be experiencing andropause, a condition where testosterone levels slowly decrease with age.
Take this quiz to see if your man may have low testosterone. For each question, answer "yes" or "no":
- Does he have a decrease in sex drive (libido)?
- Does he have a lack of energy?
- Does he have less strength and endurance?
- Has he lost height?
- Does he seem to have less "enjoyment of life"?
- Is he sad and/or grumpy?
- Are his erections less strong?
- Has he noticed a recent deterioration in his ability to play sports?
- Is he falling asleep after dinner?
- Has there been a recent deterioration in his work performance?
This quiz is based on the ADAM (Androgen Deficiency in Aging Men) questionnaire, which is used by doctors to determine whether men may have low testosterone. If you answered "yes" to questions 1 or 7, or "yes" to more than three questions in total, your man may have low testosterone.
The only way to find out for sure is for him to visit his doctor for a blood test that measures his testosterone levels. Keep in mind that these symptoms may be caused by other health conditions as well, so it's important for your man to speak with his doctor to find out what's going on.
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2020. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Sex-and-Aging-Use-It-or-Lose-It